Tuesday, November 14, 2006

GET THEE BEHIND ME

Honestly. If this sounds humorous it is not supposed to. I truly believe that the devil is after me. Everytime I try to do something good it comes back to bite me. I learned many years ago not to talk about people, they will always find out and it will sound much worse than what you originally meant to say ugly. Remember to pray because you will need God really bad the next day and then feel guilty you didn't go to Him when you really didn't need Him. Don't go to places that you aren't supposed to go because SOMEONE will see you there whether you know it or not. Always do your best the first time because doing things over again is not fun. Tell the truth at all costs because "you can't hide your lying eyes". Which by the way is my favorite old song. Be an example to everyone because you might cause someone to stumble. This is an old Church of Christ scare tactic but it is TRUE. I know because someone made me stumble tonight. Tonight was our Ladies Bible Study night and I decided about 3 this afternoon that I just had way too much to do at home tonight. I wasn't very productive this weekend and now I have double to do before hosting a church party Sun. night. Plus, company coming in next week for the holidays. So, I came straight home at 4:30 and set about domestic chores. Whistling while I worked. We, the Whitfields, whistle alot. I started a load of wash. Folded another load. Mentally making notes about all I was going to get done tonight. Big, fat and juicy hamburgers sounded yummy so I started cooking my speciality. I set the table. I flipped the burgers and then remembered I had left the lemon/pepper out on the deck at the grill. So, out I went. Singing as I go. I bounced back in the back door and fell off the step down in the family room. I was totally breathless and writhing in pain before I could call out for help. Only the fish in the aquarium witnessed this horrific event. They all swam over to the side of the tank. I heard the same familiar pop/crack as I did when I fell going out the door going to church a few months ago. That time I drove myself to the ER. BAD SPRAIN, they said. So, tonight I diagnosed myself with another bad sprain and have been on the couch with an ice pack for 3 hours. Still throbbing and MAD at my graceful self. Laundry surrounds me. Dishes are in the sink. The vacuum is in the middle of the floor. Nothing is done. I don't have a maid. Are you seeing a pattern here? Bible study......out the door to church......fall........I was thinking that if it felt better tomorrow I would miss Wed. class and catch up...BUT NOT ON YOUR LIFE. The devil is real and he is circling my house.

P.S. It is 630AM. I am just home from the ER. They do NOT like to see me coming in the back door. The only 2 times I have, I was having a heart attack. This time they had a heart attack! I told them to settle down it was ONLY MY POOR ANKLE. Honestly, I do not think I have ever had anything hurt so bad. It throbbed all night and I had it propped and iced. I finally got up and found pain meds but sat up in the chair until 4 AM so G could take me for an XRAY. It is a bad bad sprain but the worst pain I foresee is my armpits from these crutches. I have never had crutches before and what they don't realize is that I am not coordinated anyway. I will probably be back with the other one within 24 hours. I am home from work today with a dr. note to Rest Ice Compression Elevate. Or as they say RICE it. It is going to be a long long day. Being still is not my virtue. My mother is on the way to take care of me.

9 comments:

Bar L. said...

OUCH! I am so sorry to hear this! That darn devil ticks me off. I hope your leg feels better very very quickly. :(

Barbara

Heather's House said...

The devil sucks....pardon my language! :) I'm so sorry your ankle is hurt. I, too, have had my share of ankle injuries...what is it with our family and being graceful? or lack there of?? HA I wish I could be there to take care of you. We would have so much fun watching HGTV, CMT and Lifetime!

I miss you...I'll call you later to check on you...or if your bored...call me!

Love you

Ashley said...

Way to go Grace. ha!

Hope you feel better. love you.

Donna G said...

Bless your heart...your Mom will probably give you that ole' I told you so look....

Hope your recovery is swift!

its_amyia1977 said...

Bless your heart...hope you get plenty of rest! and for goodness sakes elevate that leg!

Lora said...

I'm so sorry that you are hurt. I did practically the same thing once, and yes- the armpits will be much worse for the wear.

Unknown said...

PLEASE take care of yourself. You are too important to so many people!!! I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my constant prayers. Of course, I pray daily for your health issues. And now, I've committed your unborn granddaughter to prayer and fasting once a week. Now, I have the image of her heartbeat to remind me of God's power. I have tried to decide whether to tell you this story, but I'm going to, because it is just so amazing. I hope it brings a sense of hope to you.
I was reading an article in the doctor's office while waiting for Roy to finish his stress test. It was a compilation of stories from doctors "of faith" who shared their stories of how God had worked in patient's lives. The article that caught my attention, and keeps coming back to me, was about a doctor who treated women who were dealing with infertility issues and sad experiences, and his way of ministering to them. He said that many of his colleagues thought he should be less of a "spiritual" physician and more of a "by the book" physician. He told them he DID treat people by the book, the book that had guided him since boyhood, the book that God had blessed us with, full of stories of grief and stories of hope. Anyway, he would tell his patients to choose someone in their life who had left this world and maybe someone they were still grieving, and appoint them, in their heart, as their unborn baby's angel. And then he would share his belief on why this was important. He believes that every unborn baby has an angel who watches over them until the time they are born into this world, and that their angel is connected to them through some family member or close friend who had left this world. Sometimes when tragedy occurs and the pregnancy ends in grief, that angel needs that precious soul for a little while longer. (I wish I could remember the name of the doctor, because he stated it all so much more eloquently!) But, his "success" rate was VERY high and he totally gives God the glory for that and believes there is some merit to his "angel theory". Of course, he believes that God is the ultimate healer AND the ultimate source of comfort. But,he felt it would be comforting to his patients to attach this angel to the "fetus", so that if they weren't successful, they would be extra comforted knowing that their baby's "special angel" was taking good care of them.
Fast forward...when I read this, God immediately brought Ashley to my heart. I remember that I could not even imagine the grief that she was feeling, and also that you, as her mother, must have felt. I remember how difficult her loss had been for Christine, because she was pregnant at the same time. But I also remembered that Christine felt that Brock and Brady had served as Jack's angels until he could safely arrive in this world.
And then, it hit me. Your unborn granddaughter has those same 2 angels watching over her...her big brothers.
I tell you this story only because I believe it is a story of encouragement. I believe that even after 2 years have passed, these little boys are still part of a much bigger plan. They are gone from this earth, but not forgotten. Their job in heaven is so much more important. They are bathing the soul of their little sister in hope. She will bring a part of them with her when she arrives. She will complete the circle of life for her mommy and daddy, and of course, her Neena. She, because of God's amazing grace, will touch lives with hope. What a joy it will be to meet her!
I love you bunches...
Mindy

paul said...

Ouch! Be careful there. Don't let the bad guy get you down. Keep looking for the good things. That seems to help me make it through the bad times.

Robert said...

Hope you are doing much better lynn keep laughing singing and smiling devil hates when we are joyful even in the midst of pain and sorrow love your sweet sense of humor and common sense miss lynn!!! Looks like your precious daughters inherited your sense of humor as well lol :)