Sunday, April 27, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Last year I entertained this fellow and this spring he came back with a wife. He also lives at the front door. Who says backdoor friends are best?
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
I thought it would be cool to have a meme where we post links. We can post up to five. Then we tell five more people to share their links. If we all share who tagged us, our links are sure to be seen! They can be business links, favorite sites, affiliate links, whatever you want…
There are Five Rules:
1. MUST be clean. No R rated sites.
2. Only FIVE links.
3. MUST tell 5 people.
4. A link back to the person who tagged you
My Five Links:
1. ashleyallenphoto.net-This is my daughters's site. Her photos are awesome. You need to check it out. She has some really pretty models, too!! :) That are mostly my other children and my grandchildren.
2. American Heart Association - I like to get on and see new recipes that I won't cook and exercises that I will do next week if it doesn't rain or sleet. In other words N.E.V.E.R.
3. On line colleges. I like to look at how many ways there are to get into nursing school since I never will. I plug into those sights and look at the enrollment forms, the class loads, etc. and then realize that I will never get to be a nurse.
4. BLOGS, BLOGS and more BLOGS- I can't even tell you how many of those I look at a day. All strangers and share ideas, ask for prayers, shoot an occasional email and always say we are going to meet someday as a big group party. It would be so fun! Its so addicting. I have made so many friends through blogs.
5. yahoo mail.com-I have to check my mail...every hour. ha! You never know when you might really get an interesting message from someone who has been trying to locate you since 1982.
So, there you have it. A list of sites you might want to check out. Sorry they are not highlighted so you can click on them to get right to the site. Of all the things...I have no idea how to do that. HA! As much as I love my computer there are things that I just haven't learned yet. I'm a little slow....hee hee
I TAG FOR A MEME:
Deena I (if she feels like it )
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
The birthday girl
The all star of everything
For some reason I can't explain, I always feel like I have to have a photo or something to start my post. What is up with that? Today has been C.R.A.Z.Y. around here and it looks like the next few weeks are going to be the same. Here are a few highlights for the peeps in case I don't blog for awhile
- Mom's 84th birthday dinner went good. Thanks for all the well wishes. She is starting to feel better and get stronger too from her recent illness. In fact, sometime before Friday we are going shopping for her a swimsuit! She starts aquatic therapy on Friday. So, the old dreaded swimsuit shopping never ends, huh?
- I spent the day at the ER today with my BFF Tawana. She called early this morning on her way home from daughter's house in big A-town with SEVERE pain, sweating and nausea and wondered what she should do. If you know T, then you know she never complains, is never sick and works circles around me. She swore she was having a muscle spasm in her back which she has had before. She remembered last night twising funny and thinking..hmmmmmmm. AWWWWWWWKKKKKKK. Since you know I am a 2 time survivor of the old heart stopper, I suggested she STOP driving. We kept talking and she kept driving. She made it to my house and we tried about 20 minutes of hysteria before we decided to go to the ER. Long story short after hours of testing........ they said it's not cardiac. They didn't deny the back spasm but found a LARGE gallstone at the neck of her gallbladder. They admitted her so they could keep her pain under control and a surgeon comes by in the morning around 6AM to decide what to do next. The pain has been the problem all day trying to get it controlled. It's been so bad and I've felt so sorry for her. But, she is SO TOUGH. Praise God it wasn't something that can't be fixed. PRAY FOR HER PLEASE.
- Next week Avery goes to the doctor for a test on her little kidneys too. Please pray for her and her mommy and all of us! We don't like to think something might hurt her and we want the test to come back just like we all wasted our time.
- Then the next week after that is the March for Babies.
- My sweet ROOSTER made us all proud today. He shocked his mom when she picked him up from school today because he told her he got called to the principal. Then he laughed and told her it was because he scored the HIGHEST in his school on the READING portion of the TAKS and went for the news and congrats. Then he told her that the math part today was a "piece of cake". This boy obviously has his Daddy's genes.
- Macy has her 3rd dance recital coming up in May and we can't wait to see her perform again. It brings me to tears to see her in a tutu.
- Jaxon is still spending alot of time watching Mommy coach. She was practically born in the bleachers right before football 2 a days started and Daddy was on the field, then she moved to the indoor gym and watched Daddy coach basketball and now it's spring and Mommy is on the field. She is the best little fan in the world and loves it all!
- REMEMBER TO SAY YOUR PRAYERS. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. FORGIVE OTHERS. FIND SOMETHING BLESSED IN EVERY DAY. DO A GOOD DEED. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. BE GRATEFUL. EAT YOUR VEGETABLES.
Monday, April 07, 2008
We watched these ALL. DAY. LONG. She had seem them numerous times but not me. But she loves them so much she watched them again. She wouldn't even give me ONE hint what was going to happen next. Not even one. And I whined alot......."puhhhhhhhleeeeeze tell me what is going to happen." She owns Seasons 1 - 5 and we watched them all. Each disc has 6-8 hours on them. Figure that out! Well, a few weeks ago, one of her dear friends mailed her the last 2 seasons and after she watched them she brought them to me. I haven't done laundry, cooked, bathed, mowed, vacuumed, brushed my teeth, worn makeup, gotton dressed............since I first cracked open Season 6. ( not really, but....) I have barely breathed. Last night I sobbed through the entire Season 7. I didn't want them to end. All that to say this. I have been totally entertained these last few days! Than I took this quiz/trivia thing to see which one of the characters most resembled my own personality. I was shocked. I thought I would be Loralai or Sookie. Thanks JD for sharing. I just wish you and Jaxon could have been here all snuggled down with me so I could have been asking you a million questions and you could have kept saying, "I am NOT going to tell you......just wait."
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRECIOUS, SWEET, STRONG, HUMBLE, BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY, GOD - FEARING, COMPASSIONATE, LOVING, HONEST, EXAMPLE, BEST FRIEND, MOTHER OF MOTHERS..................MY MOTHER!
Sunday, April 06, 2008
ATTITUDE by: Charles Swindoll
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. And to that the people, including me, said AMEN.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
HER FIRST VALENTINE'S PICTURE
And now a birthday for a princess. Whatever do you buy? I am going to have a busy next few months as 3 of my little princesses are having birthdays. Next weekend will be Avery's turn. Avery is our miracle. Babies are all miracles, I realize that. We prayed for all of our babies to be born healthy and happy. The Lord hears our prayers, this we know. But, we all prayed really hard for Avery's birth. We prayed long and hard for years. For all the years the doctors said there would be no babies for Avery's mom and dad it just made us pray harder. Then, well then you know what happened. And we prayed even harder! Everyone who knew Avery's mom and dad prayed hard too. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, strangers. Then it happened. Lots of reasons to be happy for her birth. And here she is. Next weekend we'll be having fajitas, birthday cake and lots of presents and watching our own present from HEAVEN.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
March for Babies
at the University of Houston
Sunday, April 27th
Starts at 9am