I know I have said this before but this house is way too quiet. I am all alone for a week as hubby has gone to New Mexico. I have banged cabinets, played the TV too loud, slammed doors, sung loudly, and talked to myself. This is going to sound totally nuts but I love to be alone and I HATE to be alone. It is late now and I am not the least bit sleepy. That is not unusual, mind you, but I really am not the least bit tired. I have a million projects I want to start during summer break and I may pull an all nighter and start one tonight. NAW...... I better not. BUt here is my list of projects. They are in no particular order. This list is similiar to a New Year's Resolution list. I never follow those either.
1. CLEAN OUT THE KIDS CLOSETS AND PACK UP 10 year old mums, dolls, books, clothes, cheerleading shoes, books of 2 precious little girls and football pants, bats, balls, and LEGOS that used to belong to a little boy that lived here for 18 years.
2. ORGANIZE all photo albums. I want to condense them by throwing out the random shots of the neighbors new fence, the road sign from a trip to who knows where, the little blond kid that used to live next door but I don't even remember their name. I only want meaningful pictures left......
3. PAINT ALL THE red picture frames that I painted 2 summer ago black. I want to do them all in black now. I want to rehang the kids wedding portraits in the entry hall on a black iron pole with black frames too. I saw that idea in Pottery Barn magazine.
4. PUSH STUFF AROUND in the garage. It wouldn't be summer without that. It doesn't accomplish one thing.
5. FINISH PUTTING THE MATERIAL on my armoire in our bedroom.
6. FILE IMPORTANT PAPERS in the filing cabinets. Right now, they are strung out everywhere from the kitchen to under a bed somewhere. In the car. At the office. In the bottom of my purse.
7. BALANCE MY CHECKBOOK....I know you are really laughing now. I have that on my list every summer. And I never do it. I don't even know how or care, really.
8. GO THROUGH MY CLOTHES and get rid of things that I haven't worn in awhile. That includes the red print mini dress I wore when I left my own wedding reception.
9. CLEAN OUT THE KITCHEN CABINETS......really. I can't even find a lid. When I want a round one I find a square one. Plates anyone? I have 5 sets of dishes. There are only 2 people in this house. I have one skillet. I have 400 million sets of mismatched silverware. I have a whole wall of cabinets full of whatnots and who knows, that as Ashley says, "Is old crap".
10. GET SOME REST, NOT GO BY AN ALARM CLOCK, FLOAT ALL DAY IN THE POOL, DRINK COFFEE, ROAM AIMLESSLY.
Knowing me and my previous summers, I'll spend alot of time on # 10. Oh well.