Sunday, December 31, 2006

Who Is Auld ang Zyne?


Happy New Year to all of you. I hope that the New Year is filled with blessings galore as you seek and find the Lord more in your heart. He is coming back VERY soon. Don't say I didn't tell you! I wish for you good health and happiness to fill your lives. I hope you have more friends than enemies. If you don't, then pray for your enemies! Pray for them anyway. I hope you learn how important it is to have a prayer life and to study God's Word. It isn't just a Sunday kind of love. It's a daily.....hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second kind of love.

I'll be honest and say that I don't have an idea what the New Year holds for me. There are new babies coming. There are family members that are very sick. There is medicine to have refilled and lab tests to take. There are more Dr. appointments.......it's colonoscopy year too ( TMI, I know. ), I need a new crown on a bad tooth, I have got to start a healthier diet. I have got to start a consistent exercise program. I was doing so good until 7/4. I must start all over again now. I hate being a procrastinator. I'll work on that~tomorrow.

I will say this.......I don't know about tomorrow and I don't care. I just know for now that all around me life is good. I continue to pray for strength not for a perfect life but to accept and be strong with the one I have. Which, right now seems pretty perfect.

Choose to live your life for right this year. Seek out happiness don't wait for it to come to you. Seek out the good in everyone. Think happy and meaningful thoughts and speak the same. Find God in the purest and simplest of places. Worship Him with all your heart. Encourage me to do the same as I will you. I know the right things to do, I just don't like to always do them.

So, my New Year's advice to you to remember is this:

"A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts. But no. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping is what we are become."

by Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 comments:

paul said...

Thanks for the good advice. Happy New Year! Trust God with whatever comes your way.

Barbie said...

Happy New Year!!!

Heather's House said...

Happy New Year Momma...I love you.

Bar L. said...

Happy New Year Lynn! This was a great post/quotes for the new year!

God bless you!

NanaWhitfield said...

Hope 2007 is one of your best years eveer!! Love you bunches. Nana