Saturday, July 12, 2008

WHAT TO DO .......WHAT TO DO........ WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I am still contemplating this "closing" my blog to private and deciding if it really is a security concern. I really, really have been thinking about it alot. Of course, I want to do what is safe and right for my own family and their privacy first and foremost. But, let's face it. I don't have alot to say usually. We are not high profile people ...... we are just your average "run of mill", normal- middle class, hardworking, lots of loving families. I respect people's privacy as much as the next guy. And I know that all of you who have expressed a desire to read my blog choose to do so either because you are bored out of your mind or because you see a likeness in our faith, our lifestyles, maybe our hurts and our happy times. I like the idea that you realize that I do have unusually beautiful babies in my family! Perhaps in the world and you don't hold that against me. LOL. Truly. I don't mind that at all. I like making new friends on here and I like when we can comment back and forth. I have made some really sweet and REAL friends. Friends that think like I do. They were raised similiar to me. Someone I would call to come over for dinner if I knew the number. Like Deena, "Pretty in Pink". If could I would go visit her in a heartbeat. And Snapshot. I want her to come to my house for a week and give me a Cooking Course for my HEART condition so that I can learn to eat healthy and cook healthy. I don't want to read it out of a cookbook. I want her to come here and show me! If Ree called me from Pioneer Woman to be a judge in the upcoming Cowboy Bachelor, I'd be there too. I've read stories of families who have buckled under tragedies and the blogworld hammered the gates of Heaven with prayers for strangers we didn't even know. Families who have lost loved ones to to the sting of death. Young mothers, fathers, and children. Accidents, illnesses, and other tragedies. We pray together on line for total strangers and then we read their blogs daily to see of changes and updates. Then we stay in contact and prayers continue. I have read many stories of mothers, much like my own daughter, who had to deal with infertility issues and eventually bury baby sons and others daughters. We prayed for them like they offered prayers up for us. When I write about a need, be it serious or light, I am convinced that my blogfriends know what to do. I don't know their phone numbers. Their cell numbers or their addresses. But, I know I can contact them through here and have and answer from someone in lightning speed. I like the idea that when I have a need and I write it out of a genuine heart that you will know about it and respond to me. I love the comments. I wish all lurkers made comments. To me it is like making new friends everyday. I like knowing that you know enough about to realize when I ask for a prayer or have a need that you care...... And trust me. I will have a need. The other fact that worries me about closing this and making it "invite only "is, I'll lose some of the people that may have never commented but for some reason they found a moment of time to relate to something I said or felt. So, with that being said. I will use discretion and study the matter for awhile before making a final decision to close it. If my family wants me to leave their personal photos off, then I will respect that and leave them off. Give me some time to make this decision. You know how I am when backed up against a wall. I realize I can't please everyone so I just stay on the wall. I want to do what's best and right for all.

8 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

It is a hard decision to make. My blog is not private obviously but it is also very censored. I don't use my family pictures or names because I fear putting too much info out there. Yet I feel like a hypocrite because I love to see other people's pictures and hear their stories. I have considered going private so that I could share more info but some of my good friends who don't have blogger accounts do read and keep up with us through my blog so I hate to cut them off. It definitely requires a lot of thought!

Giggi said...

I ain't scared!

paul said...

I love reading your blog. I don't comment often...ever?...but you are a good person. You have a lovely family too.

And...I do sometimes get bored out of my mind! Never with your blog though...

:)

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a lot of time to read blogs lately, but I figured I would stop by after I ran 2 miles with your sweet daughter this morning! :O) If you do go private please keep me in your bloggy friends. So often I will stop by for a moment and what you have on here is just what I needed to read-kinda like God directed me here- he has been doing a lot of directing lately- ask H all about it! Hope you have a blessed day!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Ok, Lynn. I say...please keep your blog open, but censored. Your blog is so frank and yes, zany at times...just that breath of fresh air that we all need. Send your gkids pics thru email..that's safe, isn't it? I know how we are about our gkids. I don't even have a blog and all the gkid stuff builds and I think I'm gona pop a cork because the world just needs to know how cute they are, and smart, etc. Maybe that's why I have high blood pressure...all that corking up! Vicky

Kelley said...

God will lead you to an answer. Blog friends are a unique group huh? I'd love to come cook for you and us experiment with cooking flavors together. The Neena and Snapshot show would be an instant hit!

Holly said...

I know it's a hard decision with pros and cons on both sides. I think it's good you are taking time to really sort through it. If you jump off your fence into the private blog yard, please do invite me to visit. :)

Natalie said...

If you do close to the public, I would love it if you would consider adding me to your safe list. I happened on your blog from some other's probably over a year ago and I like to stop by every now and again. I like the way you write and your views on life experiences.
Natalie