Saturday, September 13, 2008

Most of the time I hate "hoopla" that has no basis or accuracy. You know what I mean by that? To me it is when everyone get's all riled up by a situation and then after it's over it's like, "Is that all there was to that?" Don't get me wrong. I know this weather situation along the gulf has been horrible. And no telling what the end will reveal when people can get back to their homes. The news people are going nuts! It was well deserved hoopla! I guess what I mean is that if this was a Catergory 2, I can't imagine what a Category 5 would have been like. DEVASTING! It has just been totally consuming our every move. We have been watching it for days and yesterday and today, we have kept the computer on a Houston station watching all the familiar places being attacked by water and winds. I am so grateful that it wasn't a rerun to the devastions before that almost took Galveston in the early 1900's. I guess we can be so thankful to mass communication and modern technology for that! I realize that there was tremendous damage, probably loss of lives ( unknown SAD stories that will knock me down emotionally) loss of businesses and monetarily crippling people as things unravel today. We've already heard some pretty sad stuff on the news.

I expected to wake up to rain. We need rain so bad and it looks like Ike bypassed us on that. I am seriously dreading the news that my daughter might hear today about her house in Clear Lake. They are here safe but remembering so many things that they wish they would have brought with them. Pray for them. The kids in Katy rode out the winds in the darkness, as scary as they sounded. Why are things worse in the dark? Everyone of "mine" are safe and for that I am very grateful. The material things we'll replace if needed. But, today there are board games, snuggling, maybe a movie, tv coverages, and chicken and dumplings.

5 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Yummy, I love chicken and dumplings! Hope all is well with your daughter's house. We lived in Clear Lake in the early '90's and went to the Clear Lake CofC. Small world!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was having chicken and dumplins!!! We are so blessed that our area of Clear Lake was spared. I know God was hearing our prayers!!! Many blessings to you!!!

SweetAnnee said...

We're all safe and dry here, but outside it's been 3 days of rain ..soggy
Chicken and dumplings sounds great, I'm doing chili!!

and thanks for the Autumn Open House idea..I'm doing it!!
love ya
Deena

Giggi said...

So glad your babies are safe & sound! I think I watched the news just about all night hoping & praying everyone was OK. Much to be thankful for! Love ya'll!

Kelley said...

Praying for you and yours.