Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Tiny Princess

There is certainly no doubt
about it today. We brought home the loveliest of little princesses. All 6 lbs and 13 oz of her.
She is so tiny and perfect in every way! Big black eyes and black hair with beautiful olive skin. Her mommy and daddy have not quit smiling. And of course, I haven't either. I am on the first shift night duty. So far....so good.
I have learned that it doesn't matter how much experience you have being a mother that a new baby and night fall can cause panic and uncertainty in the most "weathered" of Neena's. I plan to stare at her most of the night. Her mommy is doing an absolutely amazing job of new motherhood. She is so calm and her maternal instincts have just gone into high gear. She is so calm and peaceful with the baby and the baby is reacting in the same calmness. She is patient and her heart is overflowing with love and amazement that this princess is hers. She is going to be a wonderful mom. I knew she would. Her daddy is just pacing and wondering what to do next. He has taken out the trash at least a million times. He even loaded and unloaded the dishwasher without being told! He has always had the most tender and loving of hearts and I know that will be a great asset to his new role of fatherhood. Not to mention that this child will be raised in a home where the parents adore her, each other and give their praise to God for it all. I am honored to be here with them these next few days helping them settle into parenthood and to do whatever I can to help. I used to know from memory a poem that touched my heart when I had my first child and I want to share it with the Tiny Princess' mom tomorrow.

"Help me Dear Lord to be a good mother,
to guide those depending on me.
Help me teach them to look for and find
the best in themselves and each other.
Help me to guide them in your Heavenly Ways
In faith that they learned from their mother."

I don't remember the author and I know that I forgot some of the words so if you remember this poem let me know so I can write it down and save it for the Tiny Princess. Wish you could be here for the ALL NIGHT party! So far she's been perfect.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations... you're a blessed woman!

Lacie said...

Ohhh- I bet she is beautiful! I am so gald everyone is safe and happy!! Can't wait for pictures!

Anonymous said...

Pictures, pictures WE WANT pictures!

Hollie Reese said...

I want pictures!!!!! I know you have that camera flashing non stop!