Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's Finally Over

And to that reference I mean the class reunion. I did not wear anything new that I bought instead dug out the comfort of an old tank and cardigan. It was similiar to taking along a teddy bear...I found comfort in the already worn feeling of that shirt. We were the early birds to get things set up etc etc etc.......No one, unless you have done to before too, knows it is a lot of work to organize any event. By the time old ( and I do mean old ) friends started arriving we were ready. Classmates Nancy (Drum major) & Buddy # 64, Pam, head cheerleader and I, the lowly peon were the worker ants. It was alot of fun and it really did all turn out great. Clint & Barbra's mansion held all of us and I bet there were close to 70 or so. The weather cooperated and ToniAnn did not throw anyone in the pool. Some I had not seen since high school were there. The alcohol flowed a little too freely for some and when we were headed home I was glad that I do not live in that lifestyle. Life is hard enough being sober. So, for another 5 years it is over. We voted that for the next one we are all going a cruise. We'll be too old to throw anything together! We all agreed we were probably the most beautiful class that ever graduated and no one mentioned age. However, Pam and I did raise a few eyebrows at some. For those of you who care the class of 70 is still alive.

No comments: