Monday, August 13, 2007

No Party Poopers Here


Our family weekend of partying went off without a hitch. Well, I say without a hitch. We are super worried about Christine again. She is back in the hospital where she has spent the better part of 2007. Of course, Baby Sam and Matt couldn't come and leave her! We missed them terribly but Jack was here to represent them. He sang a solo "Happy Birthday" over the PA and we are thinking American Idol needs to lower the age limit. Jordan, JorJor, was not able to come either because she is a star soccer for a major university and had a game. The first family grandson in law was unable to take another day off after our beach trip so we missed him too! Other than that all the grandchildren and great grandchildren were present to wish Nana and Poppi and Happy 65th anniversary and Poppi a happy 85th birthday. Church family surrounded our own family in a little celebration that was most enjoyable. It was pretty low key considering I could have rented the town hall and declared it a local holiday!




Of course I was grinning from ear to ear because I had an arm full ( literally ) of my babies all day. Let me just say, it doesn't get any better than that. Good friends, good food, good health, lots and lots of babies everywhere. This is all the result of my sisters and I. There are only 3 of us! And these are our children and grandchildren . Someone said that our daddy must have told us to go forth and multiply. And we did.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Sounds wonderful! You have a beautiful family!

Hollie Reese said...

That is a great picture. Of course, Riley is blurry because she was moving...imagine that!!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've shortchanged my parents but... that's just the way the cookie crumbles! My brother has two boys so that's a grandchild for Mother and one for Daddy! That's enough for anybody, don't you think?

christine pinson said...

i am so sad that we were not there...promise that we will take more pictures like at this at Thanksgiving okay?!
i will hopefully be out of this place tomorrow, and not back in for a LONG LONG time!
i sure am blessed to be a part of your family...

Holly said...

I'm so glad most of the bunch was able to be there, the others were there in spirit and love I know. It's just wonderful to celebrate your special man's birthday and he and his bride's special day too.

What a beautiful and proud Neena holding those precious babies!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful family! Sounds like you have a marvelous time together ... right down to the dog!