Monday, September 10, 2007

Where is the Fun?


Is it just me or does time really fly? It is honestly hard for me to believe that this year is closing in on the finale! It is not going to be long before we start seeing holiday commercials and thinking about resolutions. I know they say the older you get the faster it flies, but give me a break! I recently hung a big calendar in my little newly decorated "home office" and it is honestly full of stuff I have to do! That is what makes time fly. Stuff. Stuff. Stuff. I don't want to just do stuff, I really don't, but I do want to make sure I am enjoying the stuff I am doing and not just being obligatory!


Slow me down, Lord! Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my harried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me, amidst the confusions of my day, the calmness of the everlasting hills. Break the tensions of my nerves with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory. Help me to know the magical power of sleep, teach me the art of taking minute vacations , of slowing down to look at a flower; to chat with an old friend or make a new one; to pat a stray dog; to watch a spider build a web; to smile at a child; or to read a few lines from a good book. Remind me each day that the race is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upward into the branches of the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well. Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life's enduring values that I may grow toward the stars of my greater destiny. Wilferd A. Peterson

VALUE OF TIME
To realize the value of a sister...ask someone who doesn't have one. To realize the value of ten years: Ask a newly divorced couple. to realize the value of four years ..... ask a graduate. To realize the value of one year.....ask a student who has failed a final exam. To realize the value of nine months....aAsk a mother who gave birth to a still born. To realize the value of one month....ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.To realize the value of one week ask an editor of a weekly newspaper. To realize the value of one hour.....try to entertain a crying baby through church......To realize the value of one minute ...ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane. To realize the value of one-second....ask a person who has survived an accident...To realize the value of one millisecond....ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics. Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have. To realize the value of a friend.....lose one. The origin of this letter is unknown.

I think I just figured out one problem. I think way too much.

3 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Me, too. That's what bloggin is for. :)

Love that letter about realizing the value of time. I may have to copy and save it!

Kelley said...

Time is fleeting that is for sure.

paul said...

I'm done with time. It is over. I just ride my bike, eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and ice cream. Oh, and I go to work once in a while. That is about it. Time doesn't really matter anymore does it?

Home. Now home matters. I want to go home. Heaven is waiting. I want to go there. Time really doesn't matter there!