Sunday, September 23, 2007

SERIOUS SUNDAY


I know it's late but it is still Sunday. So, it's still seriously Sunday. If for some reason today you haven't paused for a moment to be thankful.....do it now. You have something, if not lots of things to be thankful for. If you are reading this, you have your eyesight. If it moves you, you have a conscience, if it makes you think you have a heart. Make a list of those blessings. Not a mental note, but a real written list of all the things you have to thank God for. Put your hope in salvation at the top and don't forget to put your health on there even if it is not the best. You have people who love you even if you are unlovable. You have your own unique list as I'm sure I do. But, make a list and surprise yourself at your many blessings. Then thank God for them. I have had a busy day and this post is late but timely I think. Lots of things swirling in my world and I'm sure yours too.

Sometimes when I don't hear anything in this loud world, music speaks to me clear down to my very soul. Just as it does to countless others. I hear words or interpret them maybe differently than you because of a different "life" situation. There are times in a worship service when the music can move me as much as the spoken words. Everyone has had a time in their lives when perhaps you've questioned the why's and how's of a certain period of your life, health, or path you are on. I know that I have. Almost daily! But, I lifted this beautiful song from my niece Christine's "list" of beautiful songs and if you know about her valley that she's been in then this song is totally and especially relevant to her and her family. But, she shared it I think too, for us all. I relate to it and maybe you too for other reasons. To realize that we are going to all be in these valley situations in some form or another at some time in our lives makes us human. We don't necessarily want to go in the valleys. It is a scary path. We don't want our lives to change or bad things to happen. Some of our valleys may just be a little darker or deeper than others. If you get a chance to listen to this song on some venue like You Tube or something....do it. It will move you beyond what you think you can be moved!! The voice that recorded it is not Christine, although she could have and I wish she would, but a girl named Ginny Owens. ( sorry, I don't know how to do post videos )
HERE ARE THEY LYRICS:

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I dont know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always been blessed more than I've ever deserved but I have been on top of the world for so long now. I remember a couple of years ago when I didn't think I could go on but I'm in such a good place now. I just find myself saying "Thank you, God" several times during the day. I know that nothing stays good forever but nothing stays bad forever either and I am surely thankful for this wonderful time in my life! God is so good!

Kelley said...

I decided several years ago to keep lists of things I love, enjoy and are thankful for. I keep a running list in the blank spaces in my bible. Inside the cover, along the edges, etc. It's quite a list. I think of things to add all the time. I love going back over it and reading all the little details of life that help make my life fun and blessed. God is good.

Nicole said...

I am blessed in so many ways, more than I can count actually. Still I need to take more time to be thankful. As much as I do thank Him, I don't do it enough! I love this some by Ginny Owens. It really is beautiful!!

Giggi said...

Sweet post! Looking forward to the hilltop, or maybe a nice meadow. She's getting there! Love ya!